ROOTED SCHOOLS FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN
The Family Farmers Network (RFF) invites you to lead an innovative fundraising campaign and seize a unique opportunity to educate young people and their families about healthy, local and eco-responsible food: the sale of baskets of organic and local vegetables!
Initiated and supported by Équiterre since 2016, this magnificent project passed to the producers of the Family Farmers Network in 2022. This year, more than a hundred establishments throughout Quebec will lead such a campaign. .
The baskets have three sizes: small ($35), medium ($70) or large ($105). Online payment is offered to all establishments to facilitate the management of their campaign. This service is offered at a minimal and fixed cost for the establishment*. Thus, each small basket sold allows the farm to receive $24, the establishment to receive $7 or $5.69 (if it uses the online payment service), and the RFF to receive $4 to administer the program.
The delivery of the baskets is done in your establishment, on a date determined by you and your farm.
*This fixed cost is established by the banking system (2.9% + C$0.30 per transaction)
- Raise funds for your establishment;
- Support local and organic farming;
- Contribute to the health of children and the planet!
- Read the Step-by-Step Guide and the Quick Guide;
- Get the support of your establishment’s administrators and identify a contact person to coordinate the campaign in your establishment;
- Sign your school up for the Schools Take Root fundraising campaign (April to June);
- Promote the fundraising campaign to kids and their family at your establishment thanks to the tools provided by the Family Farmers Network (September);
- Track the evolution of basket sales thanks to the new order management platform (September or October);
- Coordinate basket delivery to your establishment on the agreed upon date (usually in October or November);
- Help us evaluate the project via an online satisfaction survey, sent to families and the campaign manager (November or December).
OFFER A SOLIDARITY BASKET
The project offers the opportunity to strengthen food security through a basket donation option. Families will be able to contribute to the purchase of solidarity baskets intended for vulnerable families in their region in addition to a basket for their family use. These baskets will be directed to an organization (food bank or neighborhood organization) decided jointly by the establishment and the farm.
TURN YOUR CAMPAIGN INTO A COOPERATIVE ENTREPRENEURIAL PROJECT
Students are involved in all steps and develop entrepreneurial and cooperative skills. Turnkey activities and free support are available to help them live an enriching experience!